Wow, I haven't written a blog post in so long. I am sincerely sorry. But I am going to pass the blame onto you a little bit, my cake lovers, for keeping me super busy over the last 12 months.
I was lucky enough to work with Maxwell and Williams recently to create gorgeous edible terrariums. They have this lovely new range of terrariums and although great for planting with dirt and florals, we figured it would be a hell of a lot more fun to plant with rich chocolate mousse, edible soil, chocolate rocks and mushroom meringues. I don't mean for my sugar bias to come into play, but that to me, just sounds like a whole lot more fun. You can't lick your fingers when covered in dirt, but edible soil, you may as well take a spoonful!
A tiny teddy's paradise!
Not going to lie, there are quite a few steps involved. Each step isn't overly complicated, but it does take a bit of time.
I think these terrariums would be a great centre piece at a dinner party or a gift for a significant birthday. Yep, I have my mum's next birthday present SORTED.
How to do it? Well follow these steps, mousse lovers.
THERMOMIX CHOCOLATE MOUSSE (Don't stress, I have a cheats recipe for those sans thermo)
200 quality dark chocolate
2 tbsp coffee liqueur, or liqueur of your choice
3 tbsp full fat milk
2 egg yolks
2 whole eggs
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
60g caster sugar
- Place chocolate in thermomix bowl and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 7.
- Add coffee liqueur and milk and cook for 1 minute at 50 degrees on speed 3 until chocolate is melted and the liquids are combined.
- Insert your thermomix butterfly and add the remaining ingredients. Beat for 30 seconds on speed 4 until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
THE BIGGEST CHEATS CHOCOLATE MOUSSE IN THE WORLD (Side note, this is great on chocolate pavlova)
1/3 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup dutch cocoa powder
- Place marscarpone in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Whip the mascarpone until smooth and creamy.
- Sift in the icing sugar and cocoa and beat together.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight